Green Days Careers
At Green Days Day Care, we provide personal centered care for adults with learning disabilities including autism and various other conditions which can affect or delay social, emotional, educational or work skills development. We provide personal care for adults with learning disabilities, including autism and various other conditions which can affect or delay social, emotional, educational or work skills development.
Our Current Vacancies
You will work as a team overseeing a small group of adults with learning disabilities, providing a stimulating and engaging schedule of activities on a daily basis. Daily duties will include:
- Full time 40hr contract. Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30.
- Collection of service users at the beginning of the day and drop-offs at the end of the day.
- Planning and organizing activities.
- Providing physical support which may include helping with general tasks and some personal care.
- Acting on your own initiative to Working as part of a team and using own initiative
If you feel this could be you, please send your CV and any other information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To provide a day service of interactive activities that encourages and develops each student’s individual interests and abilities.
- To provide outcome-based support to help our students achieve work-oriented tasks.
- To encourage personal growth within an environment that provides emotional security using a safe, stimulating, responsive and flexible approach by staff.
- To stimulate an interest in, and positive attitude towards the natural world.
- To encourage and develop appropriate social contact within the group and within the community.
- To acknowledge the attainment of individuals goals in a way that is meaningful to the student.
- To provide transition to other services or work where appropriate.
- To provide a high standard of supervision for the vulnerable adults you are responsible for.
- To ensure that all aspects of a service users physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs are met as individuals and actively assisting each service user in achieving a realistic level of success during their time with us.
- Responding appropriately to behavioural and emotional needs.
- To lead activities, appropriate to your qualifications, training and experience.
- To encourage the service users to participate in the activities.
- To participate in activities as either a leader or participant as appropriate.
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse, and to ensure service users are monitored and protected.
- To maintain high professional standards at all times.
- To safeguard service users from risk or harm.
- A full UK Driving Licence
- Recent experience of supporting vulnerable adults with learning disabilities preferred.
- Over 21 years old.
- Excellent communication skills and great team player
- Flexibility to work in and around Taunton
Working for us:
Committed to development and growth of our staff with training, supervision and development opportunities.
Holiday pay including Bank holidays
Interested? Book a free taster-session!